How to assign User-Roles
You need to be logged in as admin
- Go to "People"
- Go to tab "All People"
- Find the Person you want to assign a role to and click Either on his/her name or the "Edit" button or the "Show" button
- Go to the "User Account"-Tab
- If the Roles is submitter, you cannot assign any other role. To change the role from Submitter to something else, click "Edit User Account" and change it from "submitter" to either "crew" or "admin"
- If the role now is crew, click again on "Edit User Account"
- Click "Add Conference User" to define a role in a conference
- Fill in the Form and click "Update User" (Careful: each user can only have one role in a conference!)
As a server administrator, you can do the following:
dokku enter dbp2016-live
bundle exec rails console
user = User.find_by(email: "email@example.com")
Verify the correct user has been selected by assessing the output of the above command.
user.role = "%role"with
%rolebeing one of
submitter crew admin contributor co_author guest