When we deploy the new version that was made to fully implement paper review and individual paper submission, we have to be careful about the following facts:
For the rake tasks, make sure what the state of review is in the currently live running app. Maybe we have to adjust the tasks to reflect the situation. Easiest would be if there are no reviews whatsoever or if we can delete all reviews that were already performed to get a clean state.
- Run the Migrations
- In the conference, we need to set the review-deadline dates, for the system not to break.
- In the call for participation, we need to set the submission-end-dates, for the system not to break.
- Run the task deployment:limit_abstract_length to get only valid submissions.
- Run the task deployment:set_default_values ONLY ONCE BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE IS DONE!
- Run the task deployment:set_event_rating_type BEFORE ANY PEER REVIEW IS DONE! SERIOUSLY! THIS HAS TO BE RUN ONLY ONCE!
Reference found in the IRC logs of
#ecobytes alongside notetaking during