Requirements gathering of Manchester conference
From the involvement into the long-term stability of the conference platform we learn to take care of a transparent and accountable workflow and to document usage phases of the conference platform in order to increase accessibility of the process and its product.
As there are ongoing conversations with the organisers of the upcoming conference in Manchester, we are enquiring about their requirements and constraints with regards to their conference. This is mainly about understanding where to fit into their schedule.
- When is the conferences happening?
- When do they intend to open and close the call for contributions?
- When will peer review and scheduling of sessions take place?
- When do they want to open registration?
Each of these phases brings different usage patterns for visitors and curators of the conference platform. The development process itself also brings its own dynamics. Both need to be transparently communicated to the partner.
To allow for customisations similar to the 111 commits of Malmö, we would like to know
- Which kinds of submissions / tracks / sessions / events are anticipated?
Then these can be implemented in the existing codebase, and the conference is ready to go.